Re: Problem getting the horn

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: Re: Problem getting the horn
From: public@sweavo.34sp.com
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:07:39 +0100
Quoting ZoboHerald@aol.com:

> Steve, before you tear into the (presumably original) horn, look for a small
> adjustment screw, which you might be able to turn back and forth whilst
> holding down the horn button until you hear sounds again. There were a couple
> brands of horns used on most Triumphs back then (Lucas and Clear Hooters),
> most of which had some sort of adjustment on them.

Mine is a Clear Hooters unit, (the name alone has been providing the whole
office with endless mirth today)  It does indeed have an adjusting screw, but
makes a distinctly metallic rattle when moved, which I suspect is the real
problem...  I think it would take more skill than I have to use the
adjusting-screw method to catch the small piece of mechanism that is rattling
around inside!

Rgds,

Steve