Problem getting the horn

To: spitfires list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problem getting the horn
From: public@sweavo.34sp.com
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:38:38 +0100
Sorry, couldn't resist that subject line.  One of the horn units died on my MkII
and I don't have access to the car until the day before its MOT test is due.  I
have the broken horn unit with me but I can't be sure whether it's the high or
the low unit (it was six months ago I last saw the car).  It has "114 E"
written on it, rimmer bros has a 164 part mentioned...

Any idea?

Also, it seems held together by rivets.  If I were to drill out these rivets am
I looking at a room full of springy parts?  Losing an eye?  Anyone been inside
one of these "not user serviceable" parts?

Thanks

Steve