Re: Problem getting the horn

To: public@sweavo.34sp.com, spitfires@autox.team.net (spitfires list)
Subject: Re: Problem getting the horn
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:52:20 -0400
In a message dated 4/19/2005 6:38:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
public@sweavo.34sp.com writes:

>Sorry, couldn't resist that subject line.  One of the horn units died on my
>MkII
>and I don't have access to the car until the day before its MOT test is due....
>Also, it seems held together by rivets.  If I were to drill out these rivets am
>I looking at a room full of springy parts?  Losing an eye?  Anyone been inside
>one of these "not user serviceable" parts?

======
Steve, before you tear into the (presumably original) horn, look for a small
adjustment screw, which you might be able to turn back and forth whilst holding
down the horn button until you hear sounds again. There were a couple brands of
horns used on most Triumphs back then (Lucas and Clear Hooters), most of which
had some sort of adjustment on them.

--Andy Mace