Re: Exhaust Downpipe Gasket

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Downpipe Gasket
From: Eduard Tieseler <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:32:33 -0700
I have the same issues with mine.  I have to replace the gasket again.
What I noticed on mine is that the nuts worked themselves loose.  In
fact, I checked the pipe after several weeks and saw that all three nuts
have almost worked themselves off completely!  If the pipe was not
attached to the transmission bell housing, it may have flopped off
alltogether!  What are some suggestions for nuts that work themselves
loose?  Should I use a lock washer?

Thanks,
Ed.
'66 Herald