Re: hi all

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hi all
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 06:31:47 -0700
I missed your post on the spridgets list, so I'll reply here.

I've had my 1500 Midget out for its first real run yesterday, and the
temp gauge sat steady at about 1/3 of the way up. Now this gauge is the
electric temp gauge that came on the '78-79 Midgets, and is identical in
appreance to the late MGB gauge. First question is do you have the dual
oil pressure/temp gauge that came on the early 1500 Midgets? Gauge
calibration may make a difference in what we all may report vs. what you
see.

Next, do you have the metal shroud around the radiator? How's your
pressure cap on the expansion tank? If it's old, it may not be holding
pressure to allow the cooling system to work properly.

also, check the cooland level at the fitting at the thermostat housing.
If some air was not purged when you filled it, your furst run may have
agitated the system enough to get it all to the top now.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

-=Chris