Re: front springs

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: front springs
From: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:07:45 -0700
I had the VB springs on my MK2 spit.  They seemed to work just fine
although I never did any autox.
Of course the Konis were probably a bigger help.
Cheers
Mark
----------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:10:39 -0500
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: front springs

I need some advice on front springs. I will need to lower my Spit so the
185x60x13 Nankangs don't look so little.

Moss has some for 39.95. They are 6.87" free length and rated at 330 lbs.
Victoria British has the ones for MKI&II Spits for 33.95. They are 9 7/8"
free
length and rated at 150 lbs. Both are supposed to lower a 1500 about 1".

I will be driving "spiritedly", as they say, but doubt I will enter any
races
or autocross. I don't know which to buy and have spent WAAAY to much lately
buy both.

I have new rubber bushings and new poly bushings for the suspension. The
swaybar is 7/8" with poly bushes.

Larry