Re: front springs

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front springs
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:57:34 -0400
Well, I'm a cut your existing spring kind of guy.  That costs you nothing and
can be done with a hack saw.  Just take a coil out and see if it's where you
want it height wise.  Currently I'm running GT6 front springs with two coils
cut out, and that's a bit lower then I'd like with these wheels.  It would be
fine with stock width.

The two springs you mention have very different spring rates.  The Victoria
British springs are going to be the same rate as your stock ones, or perhaps a
little less.  So this will be just as soft as stock.  The Moss springs are much
stiffer then stock.  So they are going to be much harsher riding.  But, they
will also be much less likely to bottom out.

I like to drive hard and autocross, so I would go with the stronger springs.
Others value a softer ride more, and would go with the softer springs.

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>