Oil Filter Recommendations

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Filter Recommendations
From: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:19:12 -0400
Hello Lister's,

I have been using the FRAM PH3816 oil filter in my 78 Spit for several
years but I recently purchase several new ones and have found that these
new ones are slightly different.   I went to change the oil yesterday
and found that the threaded receiving area on the new filter was further
recessed than my old one making it virtually impossible to screw on
unless I unscrewed the adapter on the engine block, which would leave
less threads attached to the engine block.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone else have an oil filter
they can recommend that will fit?

Thx - Mike Chmura

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mchmura.vcf]