Re: Defroster hose

To: ken@dukecomm.duke.edu (Ken Strayhorn), Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Defroster hose
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:29:41 -0400
In a message dated 4/15/2004 11:38:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ken@dukecomm.duke.edu writes:

> A few years ago I was stuck on a Sunday with a split heater hose and no
> car parts stores open (this in the days before AutoZone, etc). So I
> went to a home improvement store and bought a copper plumbing elbow of
> the correct size. Using generic heater hose from my spares bin, I cut
> two lengths, installed the elbow in the desired location, and figured
> that one day I'd order a proper hose. Well, that's been almost a decade
> and it's still on the car.

Funny, Ken, as I was about to post a similar story. In my case, though, it was
a previous owner of my current '62 Herald 1200 sedan who apparently did the
same thing. I'm guessing that this "bodge" is also the better part of a decade
old...and it is still functioning. ;-)

--Andy Mace