RE: Speakers and batteries

To: "'Ed Hamilton'" <h_edward@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: Speakers and batteries
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:23:41 +0100
Ed,

Speaker placement has been discussed several times in my years of Spitfire
ownership, but I still haven't heard too many options.  The most viable seem
to be either:

1.  In the rear cockpit trim panel.  This has the downside that they can get
covered up with the hood when it is down, although it's not so bad if you
fit a hood cover, and the speakers are mounted low in the panel.

2.  Custom-built box (probably wooden) that sits on the parcel shelf, either
fitted permanently or removable.  Or speakers that come in their own box,
just sitting on the shelf.

Other things tried have been the driver and passenger footwells, and Mazda
MX5/Miata seats with speakers built into the headrests.  You could even try
to fabricate your own headrest speaker mounting...

Door panel is unfortunately no good, unless you never want to wind your
windows down.  Even slimline speakers won't fit there, I think.

Richard

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.