Re: Speakers and batteries

To: SpitfireMailList <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speakers and batteries
From: Tim Schuh <tim@ugly.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 22:19:53 -0500
I have an Optima in my 84 RX-7 GSL-SE autocross car and one in my 93
RX-7 twin turbo.  I've been quite pleased with both of them thus far.
Obviously the autocross car only gets driven every other week or more
recently every other month.  I disconnect the battery when the car is on
the trailer (it's not anywhere NEAR street legal) and I've had no
noticable problems with short life, sulfur buildup, etc.  My 93 RX-7 is
driven daily and has been for years.  It has 118k miles on the odo and
has had an Optima in it for the last 30k or so.  No problems there
except when I left my parking lights on while at work.  12 hours later
the battery was flat for some reason. :)

--
Tim Schuh
Ugly Networks