Re: Almost there!!!

To: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Almost there!!!
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 07:34:36 -0500
> So if that still doesn't give me  spark could it be a coil
> problem?  Thats  the only other thing i can think of right
> now.

Dave,

I could be the coil, but you can check this.  Simply pull
the high tension wire from the coil to the dist. at the
dist.  Then have a helper try and start the eng.  Hold the
free end of the high tension lead near a good ground.  If
you see a spark, then all is well.  If not, it could be
the coil or it could be the points/condenser.

You will need to check the resistance at the points to be
sure that it goes from zero to infinity, or check the
voltage
and besure it goes from 12V to 0V.  If not, then chances are
that there is a short in the points.  If this check is OK,
then chances are that it is the coil.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan