Almost there!!!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Almost there!!!
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:21:39 +0000
well everything is good to go...almost.  I pulled it out out of the garage
again today and hooked up a temporary fuel line, got everything ready and
gave it a whirl.

No dice.

So i checke to see if i was getting fuel into the carburators...again...no
dice.  The fuel pump is working and it is pumping the fuel into the pipe
going up to the carbs..the first half of it anyway.  Somewhere along that
metal piping there was a block.  I have had problems with bugs making nests
in little nooks and crannies in the engine before but i didn't think to
check the fuel line before hand.  So i blew out the line with compressed
airand VIOLA!  i am getting fuel to the carbs.

Then i checked for spark and i am still not getting any spark.  Then i
noticed that sometime between last night and today the distributor cap gpt
a crack in it.  So i am going to get a whole tune up kit from Spit bits and
then see what happens.

So if that still doesn't give me  spark could it be a coil problem?  Thats
the only other thing i can think of right now.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Dave
'68 Spit MK3