Re: aircraft stripper

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aircraft stripper
From: "Richard Stieg" <rstieg@cityofbartlett.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:28:01 -0500
I did my whole 75 spit with it.  in February.  Turned the air in my sealed
garage slightly blue. only antidote I found was Bourbon.  If you use this
method-make sure you have adequate ventilation, and definitely use
"protective clothing".  The stuff WILL burn skin. Messy too.  Very Messy.

IMHO I would take the carcass to a body shop and have it "media blasted"
with a non-metal harming media. then spray a protective coating of primer
over the bare metal ASAP.  You get a bodywork ready chassis back and don't
have to worry about taking years off your life inhaling the stuff.  Cost for
media blasting a "prepared" body (i.e. no chrome or windows, etc) was about
300 bucks in Memphis 3 years ago. Your mileage may vary.

Rick Stieg