Re: Clutch slave cyl re-install

To: "Gary Hutton" <hutton@evansville.net>,
Subject: Re: Clutch slave cyl re-install
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:33:39 -0500
Gary said -

> there were some threads relating to re-installing the cylinder
> (something about position of plunger).  Can someone refresh me on
> anything to watch for when re-installing?

When I recently rebuilt my slave, I didn't get it completely bled, and the
clutch would not fully disengage.  Through the Spit Mailing List (thanks
again, Jeff), I learned to push the plunger-assembly all the way home before
re-installing the cylinder.  That worked.

(I'm embarrassed to admit overlooking something which, in retrospect,
appears so obvious & simple; but hopefully you'll be spared the aggravation
of having to re-install, de-install & re-re-install - which was my process.)

Cheers,  Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O

P.S.  I agree with Nolan P.; the pipe should be on the bottom port & the
nipple on the top one.   -  RwG