Clutch slave cyl re-install

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch slave cyl re-install
From: "Gary Hutton" <hutton@evansville.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:34:29 -0500
I finished replacing my oil pan gasket (no thrust washers - yea!),
driveshaft u-joint, and pinion oil seal only to find that now my clutch
will not engage.  Bled with no air so I pulled the slave (very nasty
with rust) and have ordered new seals, etc. , but seem to recall that
there were some threads relating to re-installing the cylinder
(something about position of plunger).  Can someone refresh me on
anything to watch for when re-installing?
My manuals limit themselves to "re-install cylinder"!  Also, my bleed
screw was on the bottom - air obviously rises, but shouldn't the
pressure of the bleed procedure still force the air out the bleed screw
no matter where it is positioned?

  Many thanks in advance.

Gary Hutton
76 1500 - FM50132U