Re: Pickle Tools

To: <frandrum@voicenet.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pickle Tools
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:56:17 -0400
Do you need to replace them, or just
separate them for other work being performed.
I've found the safest and least destructive way to
separate them is....

Loosen the nut but only back it off to the end of the threads.
Place a floor jack or other VERY solid (not wood) support
under the nut. Hit the arm with a hammer and it'll slip right
off the taper.

Or best yet.... use the proper tool. It's a small V clip looking
clamp. Forked on one lip, separated with a bolt.
As you tighten the bolt, if forces the tie rod bolt
out

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com