RE: Pickle Tools

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pickle Tools
From: Chuck Pedretti <chuckp@magenic.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:07:45 -0500
In general, a pickle fork is a tool of last resort - tends to really mess up
ball joints and tierod ends.  I always use a tierod remover - basically a
smaller version of a pitman arm remover to press the joint apart rather than
wedging it apart.  Disclaimer: this is from working on a couple dozen 4wd
trucks, I have not pulled one off the spitfire.

If you go to www.eastwoodcompany.com and look up item #49026 you will see
the type of tool I mean.

Chuck Pedretti
Senior Consultant, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA