Re: Weekend travels

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weekend travels
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 20:16:28 +0100
Hi Mike
Sorry to hear about your little problem on your travels. If you do not want
to be doing the head gasket again soon, re-torque the head (tighten to the
specified torque without slackening off first) after it has been run to
operating temp. Then do it again after 500 - 1000 miles! As an aside, I
check it about once a year at full service time, when I will be setting the
tappets any way, so why not whip the rocker shaft off and make sure. It is
usually possible to get a slight movement before the wrench cracks, and yes
it is in calibration!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon