Re: Weekend travels

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weekend travels
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 19:48:02 +0100
In article <FE00D5C74363AA4E9C0D729F801A464A0F3A06@EULON-
MSMBX01V.corp.enron.com>, Dashwood, Dean <dean.dashwood@enron.com>
writes
>Mike,
>
>Sorry to hear about Carly.  Sounds like she's got my car, Christine's,
>old radiator!  In fact, I had an identical thing happen to me a month or
>so after I bought Christine.  I decided to take the opportunity to
>upgrade to an unleaded head while I had the head off anyway.

I don't think the problem was with the cooling system after all - more
likely the fact that the head was not torqued down properly. :-(   As
far as an unleaded head is concerned, I don't want to change anything
about an engine which gives me 40mpg at 80mph. :-)

>Once she's up and running, I guarantee you won't let her boil dry again
>though!

That is probably very true!

>Pity you couldn't even break down anywhere nice - Watford Gap is a bit
>of a dump, isn't it!

It could have been worse - at least it was a sunny day, and I could go
for a pee without worrying about nettles.

>  But it wsan't you I stopped to talk to on the M40
>on Saturday....

No.

>  Anyway, good luck getting Carly fixed - there's plenty
>of good times ahead to wipe out the memories of the bad!

Despite the fact that I seem to have had a series of major and minor
disasters with her, I still reckon the joy of driving her over the past
few months more than outweighs the misery.

Roll on Friday, when I collect Carly and the long weekend starts...

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"

///