RE: Valances and LRP

To: "Spitfire List (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valances and LRP
From: "Dashwood, Dean" <dean.dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:31:02 -0500
Chris, what an excellent idea!

Unfortunately, I think the cost of shipping the fuel would mean that,
even with the saving over South African parts prices, this wouldn't be
financially viable :-(

I recently read about a guy who tried to ship his ultralight aircraft
from the UK to Florida.  Before packing it up for shipping, he drained
the fuel tanks and replaced all the fuel lines.  Then he flew out to
Florida, and on arriving found a message from his shipper to say that
they'd smelt fuel in his package, so it was going to have to be shipped
as "dangerous cargo" at double the normal shipping rates.  Turned out
he'd forgotten to drain the carb. float chambers.  I'd hate to think how
much they'd charge to ship a whole gallon of fuel!

Dean
---------------

> Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:16:14 +0200
> From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
> Subject: RE: Valances and LRP
>
> <snip>
>
> Maybe if I start sending out cans of leaded fuel to my UK and USA list
> friends it would motivate them to send me some Triumph parts :-)
>
> Kind regards .
> Chris de Wet .
> PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .

///