Re: Valances and LRP

To: <OC@46thFoot.com>, "Spitfire List (E-mail)"
Subject: Re: Valances and LRP
From: "Dashwood, Dean" <dean.dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:26:41 -0500
Mike,

Before buying a modified head, try just putting some unleaded in and see
what happens.  A lot of people who know a lot more than me (most notably
John Kipping) seem to think that, over the several decades that our cars
have been running on leaded petrol, they will have been sufficiently
hardened to last the rest of their lifetimes without needing any more
lead.  In any case, even if you do get valve seat wear, the only bits
you'll be damaging are the bits you'll be replacing, so nothing to
loose.

Dean

> Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:30:59 +0100
> From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
>
> <snip>
>
> I suspect we will all have to move to adding our own additives to
> Unleaded sooner or later (or buy modified heads for our engines). :-(
>
> ATB
> Mike

///