Re: Front Spring Shortening

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Spring Shortening
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:16:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmm...
You all do realize that Spitfires use the 'standard'
2-1/2" dia. coilover racecar springs? These can be had
in just about any height and stiffness for about $80
pair from dozens of racecar supply houses.

Also, Spax adjustable shocks with threaded spring
perches for the front are around $130 each.

If I *was* cutting springs, I'd use a composite metal
cutting blade in a circular saw. Make the cuts a
little at a time to keep temps down. Then grind the
end of the coil flat to seat on the perch.

Whatever you decide, good luck, let us know how it
turns out.

Carter
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///