Re: Smog Woes (Longish)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog Woes (Longish)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:16:24 -0700
>Suffice it to say, if you can get away with keeping it registered in MI (or
>wherever it is you're from) untill it turns 25 and becomes exempt-go for it!
>I can't wait for my '78 to become exempt in another 4 years...I hope I last
>that long!
I hate to burst your Guy's and Gal's bubbles. . . really, but it's 30
years.  The current law (as I read it for California anyway) is 1973 and
earlier vehicles are exempt now, UNTIL 2003.  Then it becomes a 30 year
ROLLING exemption.  So your '78 would become exempt in 2008 - in this case
it will be (as of '99) 9 years. . .not another four -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)