Re: Smog Woes (Longish)

To: "Dirk Frazier" <dfrazier@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smog Woes (Longish)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:37:54 +0100
Dirk Frazier wrote:

>So.  My options (according to Tony) are the following:
>1.  Spend a lot of money (his words) putting it back
>to original condition emission wise...
>2.  Keep it registered in Michigan (Illegal I
>think...) and don't get caught more than twice driving
>it in California...

I say, that's a bit anti-social old chap. Why have you got
to relicence it? It's not as though its going to another
country. Can't you sort of be there on a tourist basis? Does
this mean that everyone who comes to California with a car
licenced in another state or even country has to licence it
there before they can use it? I'd better make sure that if
Canley Girl comes over next year, I steer clear of jolly old
CA.

Jonmac