Re: Varying Idle Speed

To: "Bollinger, Bob D. (BODB)" <BODB@chevron.com>
Subject: Re: Varying Idle Speed
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:15:01 -0500
Bob,

It sounds like you have an automatic choke that needs some attention.
You shouldn't have to worry about the rest of the carb, as the autochoke
can be worked on as a seperate unit. Follow the Haynes manual on
rebuilding it and add one step before closing it up - add a shot of WD40
and a dab of grease to the cam and piston workings inside the choke. I
also needed to fiddle a little with the settings of the choke housing
(turning it) and the fast idle screw.

It worked for me.

Vic