RE: Oil coolers and rocker feeders

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil coolers and rocker feeders
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 05:26:32 -0700
I put a 19 row oil cooler on my GT6.  It seems to over cool the engine a
bit.  I have a thermostat in line, At highway speed the car come up to the 1
/ 2 way mark on the temperature gauge then drops back just a bit.  I think
this is when the oil cooler thermostat fully opens.  The problem I have is
the thermostat does not seem to close up quickly.  When I get into city
traffic the gauge drops to the 1 / 4 mark.  Without the oil cooler the car
ran at the 3 / 4 mark most of the time.  The interior of the car would get
unpleasantly hot.  Yes, I suspect I have some problem with the engine.  It
has a nasty rattle that sounds like it is coming from the timing belt cover
area.  The rattle seems to be in full swing at anything above 3000 rpm.  I
have no idea what the problem is just yet.

Dave C
Spit 6