Re: 1967 Triumph 2000?

To: <PBowen9685@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1967 Triumph 2000?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:24:59 +0100

>I found an ad on the VTR website for a 1967 Triumph 2000
for $650, i figured
>it was a typo and he ment a 48 or 49.  So I called the
gentleman and he
>insisted it was a 1967 Triumph 2000.  Maybe I am wrong
(have been many times
>before) but Triumph did not make one in 1967 or any year
close.  Am I wrong
>or is this gentleman lost, If so what car could this be?

I feel sorry for this guy. He must be having one helluva
time telling people this "unheard of" car really exists. The
Triumph 2000 saloon and later estate was introduced in the
UK in 1963. Styled by Michelotti
and powered by the 2 litre 6 pot lump, it was on sale
in the US from 1963-67. It seemed to acquit itself very well
if the press reports are to be believed but the North
American public clearly had a different perspective - and
the car
did not sell as well as it did throughout the rest of the
world. Elsewhere it sold very well and was also made
in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Another version
sprouted the 2500 fuel injection engine and was a chariot
much favoured by the police.

Egil Kvarleberg's website and others linked to it will give
you a better idea http://www.kvarleberg.com/t2000.html

Jonmac