Re: 1967 Triumph 2000?

To: "Wayne Burton" <Wayne_burton@bc.sympatico.ca>, <PBowen9685@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: 1967 Triumph 2000?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 19:23:38 +0100
>Well... let me inform you about the Triumph 2000 sedans...
>They were manufactured from 1964 through 1975, although in
North America
>they were imported only for 1966 and 1967. The car is
referred to as the BIG
>Triumph, as it is the largest car they built. The 4 door
luxury saloon was
>equipped with a 2litre inline 6 (GT6 got it too) or the
2.5l inline 6 (Ala
>TR5/250 and TR6) There was even a2.5PI version of the car
and it was
>produced in Saloon (sedan) and Estate (Station wagon)
forms.
>They are completely unibody construction, have macpherson
strut front
>suspension, independent rear suspension, power assisted
brakes, robust
>engine and transmission, and are wonderful highway cruisers
(provided you
>have automatic or overdrive). The body was designed to
house the TR8 engine,
>although it never received it. It eventually became the
basis for the STAG,
>with only slight modifications. It was the rally champion
in 1963, 1964 and
>1965.
>I have one of these (a 1966) and it is a lovely car. It
puts the modern BMW
>and Lexus midsize luxoboxes to shame, and drives flawlessly
on modern
>roads... now, if I could only find a decent quiet exhaust
for it...

A QUIET exhaust Wayne? A quiet exhaust? That growl, which
progressively builds to a discreet 'crack' is all part of
the delight of owning one. On my fuel injected Mk II it
becomes a veritable howl above 3500rpm. Wouldn't change it
for the world!

Jonmac