Re: 1967 Triumph 2000?

To: <PBowen9685@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1967 Triumph 2000?
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:00:14 -0400
 Patrick Bowen asked:

> I found an ad on the VTR website for a 1967 Triumph 2000 for $650, i
figured
> it was a typo and he ment a 48 or 49.  So I called the gentleman and he
> insisted it was a 1967 Triumph 2000.  Maybe I am wrong (have been many
times
> before) but Triumph did not make one in 1967 or any year close.  Am I
wrong
> or is this gentleman lost, If so what car could this be?

By 48 or 49 I think you are referring to the roadster versions of the 1800
and 2000. There is also a Triumph 2000 sedan that was made around the 60's
and 70's. I know several people who have different versions of this car but
am no expert so can't say for sure if they were made in 67 but I'd bet that
this is the car to which the individual is referring.

Cheers
Keith Stewart