Re: Cigarette lighter circuit

To: "Paul McMullen" <paul@bessacarr.freeserve.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Cigarette lighter circuit
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:31:18 -0700
As the lighter is basically a short, it requires loads of current.
Sometimes the coil can get bent and it shorts internally - effectively
making the coil shorter hence more current than normal.  You can often
replace the coil itself but the better solution would be to gut it so it no
longer activates when pushed.  In other words, don't smoke.
Peter S