Re: Cigarette lighter circuit

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Cigarette lighter circuit
From: "Paul McMullen" <paul@bessacarr.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:26:32 +0100
Dear Atwell,

I don't think it's worthwhile to try and clean the coils, I've tried this
with several lighters using a wire brush but it's better to replace if
possible. Most lighters have the same components inside and the coil part
can be unscrewed fairly easily. I replaced the lighter coil in my Spit with
one from a Ferguson tractor that a non-smoking farmer friend gave me.
With regard to the fuse, it seems that something is drawing too much power
through the circuit, a similar thing happened on my previous Spit when I
fitted a heated rear screen element to the hardtop. If it was switched on
for more than 60 seconds the in-line fuse got hot and began to melt the
casing.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Paul