Re: Dual Carb Project flambeau

To: "richard stieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Subject: Re: Dual Carb Project flambeau
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:06:22 -0400
I've had a busy week and honestly don't recall if I answered how I tackled
this...

Two of the inlet/outlets on my "triple" lid are on the same level (top).
The other, on the bottom, does not supply fuel (i.e., if you try to use this
as a "pass through" to the other carb, no fuel is delivered.  I also have a
cap with two ports, each on a different level, which acts in the same manner
(the bottom one will take fuel to the bowl, but the top one will not deliver
it to the next carb).

My final set-up is as follows:

First carb is a triple top.  Fuel in one side of the lower level ports, and
out the other, routed to the second carb.  The third, and non-fuel
delivering port, now has a line attached to it which I routed away from the
headers in case it ever decides to spew fuel instead of air.

The second cap is a double top.  Fuel is delivered in one side, and the
other side is rather crudely capped with a short piece of fuel line, plugged
with a bolt and a hose clamp until I get ahold of a single cap (hey, it's a
work in progress!!)

I worked my way through four caps to determine that some have a vent and
some don't...both my carbs, in turn, exhibited the dumping fuel upon shut
down until I got this right, so I was able to isolate the phenomenon.

I think venting one carb actually vents both, as returned pressure from the
second carb vents into the first.

For what it's worth, the vent tube has not yet spewed fuel!

Hope this helps....

Mike