Re: Dual Carb Project flambeau

To: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Subject: Re: Dual Carb Project flambeau
From: "richard stieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 08:17:48 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Perry <mikep@michindust.com>
To: richard stieg <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, September 06, 1999 8:29 PM

>The first cap from the fuel pump has three ports (I've heard others have
>two).

MINE has two-I have AUD 603 SU-HS-4's.  I "think" I remember Ted Schumacher
telling me they were off'n an MGB. Anyway, there is a single fuel connector
on the front carb, and two "connectors" on the rear carb.
Therefore there is nowhere for excess fuel to go once the engine is shut
down, other than dribble out of the bottom of the the new K&N air filter.

Listers:

Should I try to find two "replacement" float bowl lids with the fuel
overflow connections?  The Rimmers catalog has a "lid kit" which might work.
Im leery of running the thing very far until the problem is solved.

thanks y'all

rick stieg
75 spit