RE: Cylinder head interchangeability

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cylinder head interchangeability
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 04:23:39 -0700 (PDT)

it seems to me that this would give you some bad results.  if
you notice your valve travel as compared to your piston travel,
the valve should reach full lift when the piston is around half
way down in it's cylinder.  and the only real way of checking
vale to piston interference is to leave the timing chain
connected and correctly timed to the crank.  that way, when you
check the rotation and notice interference, you better find out
why before you try to start the engine.