Re: The dreaded unleaded problem

To: "Davies William-qswi646" <QSWI646@email.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: The dreaded unleaded problem
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:25:01 +0100
Now all of these devices make slightly different
>claims of what they supposedly do, yet this supplier
claimed they are all
>the same! I threw away the brochure - I now wish I'd sent
it to the
>Advertising Standards Authority instead, as they have made
at least 9
>Adjudications against adverts for this kind of device in
the last couple of
>years, see: http://www.asa.org.uk/

Bill - trouble is that by its own admission, the ASA is a
toothless tiger. I do know from another unimpeachable source
that the ASA is desperate for information from a user who
has had one of these things and knackered his/her engine in
the process.

>> 4 - definitely don't!  One independant survey I read
showed
>> that at least one of
>> these in-line things significantly increases (yes,
>> increases!) valve-seat
>> recession!

I'm reliably informed as well that one of them failed the
MIRA tests with disastrous results. All these devices IMHO
are a complete waste of time and money. That's a view pretty
well supported by 100% of Europe's motor manufacturers too.

Jonmac