Re: The dreaded unleaded problem

To: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Subject: Re: The dreaded unleaded problem
From: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 05:51:18 -0400
Folks,
Some thoughts on the lead issue.

Since lead is two things,  an anti knock additive and a lubricant for valve
stems,
why not induce something that solves both problems?
I realize that the valve faces (stellite, etc.) help with the valve FACE problem
too.

1. Adjust initial spark lead so as to eliminate pre-ignition.

2. Introduce a "top oil" lubricant such as Marvel Oil.

just a thought.

--
Rawchester, Neu Yawk
Sptifire MkII "HardWay"  FC68436L  Red, what else?