RE: Seats

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>, Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>,
Subject: RE: Seats
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:36:03 -0400
At 09:57 PM 08/27/1999 -0500, Craig Smith wrote:
>At,
>I have no doubt that your "butt" should have the best offered !
>How about us "old butt" guys, the houndstooth was not an original on mine.
>Is there something else available for us "old butts" ?

You mean in an 'extra wide' size?  I dunno.   :)

I asked around to several upholstery shops before I did mine.  There was a
150% difference in the prices. (range $200 to 450).

Even the high-priced 'artisans' preferred the seat cover kits to custom
fabrication.  But I found one shop that was willing to sew new, more modern
cloth inserts into where the houndstooth was.  I think it came out fine.

P.S., TRF, VB, and BPNW all list plain vinyl as well as houndstooth seat
coverings for Spits starting from 1973.

Atwell