Re: More Coil/CraneCam Electronic Ignition

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Coil/CraneCam Electronic Ignition
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:52:44 -0400
At 01:36 PM 08/28/1999 -0400, Terry L. Thompson wrote:

>I'm a little late to insert on this thread, but I was out of town for
>
>a week. I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me, the more I
>research
>
>this "mod", the more confusing it gets.

<snip>

Terry, if you are not sure how you want to go as far as the coil, then buy
the Crane XR3000 ignition instead of the XR700.  The 3000 can be used with
or without a ballast resistance (according to the directions, I have not
actually used this unit myself).

Atwell Haines '79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

"How many roads must a man travel down, before he admits he is lost?"