Seats

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seats
From: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:13:01 -0400
Are the seats in the 1970 spitfire the same as in later spitfires, or more
correctly the frames.  My frames are shot, and I have access to seats out of
other later cars(one is a '74 and one is a '76).  In looking at them I
notice that the later seats flipped up where mine don't have the lever in
the back (unless it has been broke off)  You wouldn't believe how beat up
the current seat frames are.  I do believe the previous owner was
transporting very angry very large gorillas in his spare time.  My seats are
not connected in the back, and as a matter of fact the entire track lifts up
in the back.  It has at least allowed me to slide the seats back enough to
remove the bolts in the front.

Still looking for a front end for my car (1970 spitfire).  I have seen
fiberglass front ends on race cars.  Anyone know where I can get one?

I do recall someplace selling carbon fiber panels.  I was thinking of making
a dash panel out of this stuff.  It would be black like the original, but
cool at a second look.  Anyone remember where to find this stuff?

John