Re: Seats

To: "MR ANDREW E HENDERSON" <QGRD29A@prodigy.com>, <jknox@erie.net>
Subject: Re: Seats
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:32:54 -0400
MR ANDREW E HENDERSON stated:

> John
> I know that my 71 has said levers.  They allow you access to the
> track while everything is bolted down.  Keep us posted about
> substituting later seats.  I'm in a similar situation & have been
> thinking of doing the same thing.
>
> Andy H.
Andy the 1970 highback seat frame does NOT have those levers or the bracket
on the track frame that the lever latches to. Instead they have a bolt that
goes through the track frame attaching it to the seat frame.

The bottom of the seat frame on the 70 highback has a diaphragm stretched
across it whereas the later type, like yours have a wire-cage basket type
device lined with a piece of fibreboeard/cardboard on the bottom. Because
of the structural differences in these two frames, the original upholstery
attaches differently...slip on 'U' shaped clips for the 70 and hog rings on
the 71 and later.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _