Re: CraneCam Electronic Ignition

To: examiner@scci.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CraneCam Electronic Ignition
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:20:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/1999 4:01:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
examiner@scci.net writes:

>  Listers,
>  Getting ready to replace my OE CEI ignition with the CraneCam Allison
>  electronic ignition (its on order). However, while getting prepared, I
>  found that I currently have NO ballast resistor. So, my question
>  is...... is it really needed, (since I don't and haven't had one and it
>  ran fine)  for what purpose and will I need it with the Crane ignition?
>  OR does a new resistor come with the Crane kit? OR will I need to order
>  a new resistor from one of our parts vendors?

Yes, you do need to add a ceramic resistor!  Been there....
I bought the chrome coil and without the resistor turned the chrome blue it
got so hot.
See my webpage at
http://members.aol.com/cwnicholls/spitfire02.html
you can go back to spitfire01 and forward to 03 if you want to see more...
to see my installation.

Go to any parts house and ask for the mopar (or whatever) part described in
the installation instructions...

Clark