clutch brand

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch brand
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:06:29 EDT
Hey list!
Time to do my clutch now, and I am curious as to what brand is best. I
searched the archive with no results. My local shop recommends borg&beck
@$139 for the 3 pc. set. So:
1. Is this the brand to go with, or is there something better?
2. If it is the one how's the price sound?
3. Should I do anything else while already in there?
TIA, Avi.
PS
I find it quite annoying to check my clutch fluid level every 1600
millimeters of driving, as recommended by my haynes manual. (that's mm. not
km.) But I guess that's a small price to pay for such fun cars.