CraneCam Electronic Ignition

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: CraneCam Electronic Ignition
From: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:00:19 -0400
Listers,
Getting ready to replace my OE CEI ignition with the CraneCam Allison
electronic ignition (its on order). However, while getting prepared, I
found that I currently have NO ballast resistor. So, my question
is...... is it really needed, (since I don't and haven't had one and it
ran fine)  for what purpose and will I need it with the Crane ignition?
OR does a new resistor come with the Crane kit? OR will I need to order
a new resistor from one of our parts vendors?

TIA

Cheers,
--
Bob Norway
Rockledge, Florida
Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
ICQ# 3752712
***************************
Blackbird Association
Member #1263
***************************
Charter Member
TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
http://www.tlc-brotherhood.org/
Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
432 AMS/Autopilot
***************************
Member Udorn VFW Post 10249
Sawadee Home Page http://www.khonkaen.com/vfw/index.htm
***************************
Life Member Air Force Association
http://www.afa.org
Life Member Air Force Sergeant Association
http://www.afsahq.org/
SpitList
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500
FM43376UO - Daily Driver