Re: Door Stays

To: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door Stays
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:49:51 -0400
I have fixed several of these.  The door strap can be purchased or taken
from a donor.  the hardest part is getting the rivet out of the end that
connects to the door (not enough room to drill it out, but I have cut the
peened over part off with a Dremel).  After you have done that you just
reach in from the foot well and pull it out.  Put in the new one and a new
rivet.  The rivet part is easier said than done, but it can be done.

Sam