Re: car level

To: "John Reynolds" <jfreynolds@briefcase.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: car level
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:29:56 -0700
Hi All,

...and just so that  you didn't think you had an original idea, here's the
skinny (that I think originally came from Jonmac a year or so ago)

GT6 cars have their fuel tank on the LHS.  Obviously the cars were designed
by RHS thinking people.  Given that often there is only one person in the
car (yes, the driver), a LHS car with a full tank would be decidedly
lopsided.  Hence, LHS GT6 cars came with a 3/8" spacer plate, mounted above
the spring cap!!!

When I was restoring the vintage racer,  I noticed I had a bunch of these in
a parts bin.  The PR(previous racer) mounted a fuel cell toward the RHS
ofthe car, negating the need for the plate.  Back to the original config, I
found that replacing the shim also took away  an interference between the
tire (LHS only!) and bodywork.

Dave T
Winnipeg