car level

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: car level
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:01:23 -0400
OK, this question has been asked a thousand times, but I can't figure it
out.   My car shows the typical drivers side tilt (about 1 to 2" lower).
Well by body is now off the car and the frame sits perfectly level!  The
frame is straight and the body has never been hit.  The rear spring off the
car measures out and appears to be in perfect shape.  It has new gabriel air
shocks on the back.  I will dismantel the front suspension today and check
its measurements.  Is it possible that slightly worn bushings between the
car and frame or in some parts of the suspension is causing this.  What am I
missing.

Patrick Bowen