Re: Redoing Frame

To: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Redoing Frame
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:47:21 -0500
Patrick
    If you have access to an air spray gun (Binks, Devillebiss etc.)

    1. After the frame is sandblasted, wipe it down with Lacquer thinner.  (
make sure you wear goggles)  Let Dry .
    2. Apply a thin coat of Zinc Phosphate (reduce with appropriate
thinner/reducer)
    3. After that dries then apply a couple of coats of Red oxide primer (reduce
with
thinner)
    4. let that dry at least a day.
    5. scuff sand the primer lightly with 600 grit WET sand paper. (use water
while sanding)

    6. After it is dry paint with your favorite color paint.   Use Acrylic
Enamel with the proper reducer, you can also get a hardening agent with that.

    Your auto body supply shop will be able to get the appropriate supplies
together for you.  PLease read the directions on the cans.  Also wear eye
protection when mixing the liquids.

    Dupont makes the Zinc Phosphate.  An excellent rust inhibitor.

    Hope this info helps and good luck,
Pat 63 Spitfire