Re: No Spark Spit****Thanks to all

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Spark Spit****Thanks to all
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:46:42 EDT
Thank You All !!!
                    Went back to the now PO's house after work. I brought
along an old    condenser from the gt6 which I knew worked. poped it in and
got spark from the coil wire!  Put everything back together,car won't start,
oops forgot rotor, put rotor in.
     Try to start again, won't start. Check spark to top of plug, got spark.
pull plug, black and fouled. gaped and installed new plugs. The moment of
truth, turn the key and the engine comes to life after five years! Still not
too good, car dies after running for a bit won't rev up,fuel problem!
         Pull top of carb, needle orfice has lots of gunk around it, clean
needle, remove junk around orfice, spray gum-out around inside of carb, put
it all back together again, top off dashpot with oil, try it again. This time
the spit roars to life. Its pushing a little white smoke but not too bad.
Pump up the tires, put it in gear, It moves!
        Drive it out to the drive way to wait for the ramp truck thats going
to bring it home in the morning. Then the real work starts.
                                                                  Thanks
Again!

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784