RE: Redoing Frame

To: "'Bowen, Patrick A'" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: RE: Redoing Frame
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:14:27 -0500
To answer your question,
It depends.....

A good spray gun is relative,
What type ?
A Wagner power painter ain't gonna cut it !
A Develvis, or like type is a good gun.
Gravity feed or cup ?

Nozzle size ?
Some epoxy sprays need a large OD on the nozzle to spray due to the
viscosity of the paint
Compressor ?
CFM ? HP of the motor is irrelevant, the CFI of the unit is the thing that
matters, this relates to how much the gun/tool or whatever "EATS" when in
use. A 3/8" air ratchet "EATS" half of what a 1/2" impact will. I have a 4"
jitterbug sander that a Sears 115 volt low CFI home owners compressor would
burn completely up if I ran it long.

Epoxy paint is a two part A and B that are mixed and sprayed, they then
harden to a very nice finish. They are not cheap ! You would put a final
coat of the shinny stuff over the epoxy.  I spent $80.00 US on a quart with
activator, but I also got a gallon of high build primer to go over the
epoxy.

Good Luck
It took me 18 months to pull mine down to bare metal then to final spray.

Regulator ?